The Witcher is an American series created by Lauren Schmidt Hissrich. The TV Series is based on the set of books which goes by the same name written by Polish writer Andrzej Sapkowski.
The Plot of The Witcher, Netflix Series
Based on the book series of the same name, The Witcher covers the story of Geralt Of Rivia, a monster hunter who finds it hard to make his place in a world which happens to be more evil than a world full of monsters. The first season on Netflix saw eight episodes being released and was shot in the Central of Europe. The Witcher sees Henry Cavill playing Geralt of Rivia with Freya Allan and Anya Chalotra playing the role of Princess Ciri and Yennefer of Vengerberg, respectively as they work together in surfing across the entire continent.
Updates: Netflix on November 13, 2019, announced a second season is already on books, with production set to start in early 2020 and show to go live in 2021.
The Witcher Cast:
- Henry Cavill as Geralt of Rivia
- Freya Allan as Cirilla
- Anya Chalotra as Yennefer of Vengerberg
- Eamon Farren as Cahir Mawr Dyffryn aep Ceallach
- Joey Batey as Jaskier
- MyAnna Buring as Tissaia de Vries
- Royce Pierreson as Istredd
- Mimi Ndiweni as Fringilla Vigo
- Wilson Radjou-Pujalte as Dara
- Anna Shaffer as Triss Merigold
- Mahesh Jadu as Vilgefortz of Roggeveen
- Yasen Atour as Coen.
New Additions To The Witcher Season 2 Cast:
- Agnes Bjorn as Vereena.
- Paul Bullion as Lambert.
- Kristofer Hivju as Nivellen.
- Thue Ersted Rasmussen as Eskel.
- Aisha Fabienne Ross as Lydia.
- Mecia Simson as Francesca.
Directed By: Alik Sakharov
Speaking ahead of the cast announcement, show creator Lauren Schmidt Hissrich said: “The reaction to season one of The Witcher set a high bar for adding new talent for the second season. Sophie Holland and her casting team have once again found the very best people to embody these characters, and in the hands of these accomplished directors, we’re excited to see these new stories come to life.”
The Witcher Season 2 Cast:
The Witcher Season 1 Trailer:
The Witcher Season 1 Explained
The Witcher Season 1 Recap