The very first Esports game that I started to play was the League of Legends, which is also commonly known as LOL by the player community. It was developed in the year 2009 by the Riot games and is playable on both Windows and macOS systems. I started playing the game in the year 2015, and since then, I am a regular player of the game. I have so many happy memories attached to the game which I’ll never forget in my life. I have also made many new friends from the League of Legends servers. Recently, LOL has introduced three new games, which are Teamfight Tactics (TFT), Legends of Runeterra (LOR), and League of Legends: Wild Rift. My favorite champions from the game are Jhin, Braum, Kai Sa, Garen, and Orianna. I prefer to play Support and Bot champions, which are also known as Attack Damage Carry (ADC).
League of Legends is a Massively Online Battle Arena (MOBA) game, which was inspired by the Defense of the Ancients (DotA). The game has a map divided into three lanes known as top, middle (mid), and bottom (bot). There are a total of ten online players who play in a team of two, mainly red and blue, where they can be random players or players playing with their friends. The game won when a team destroys the enemy team’s Nexus, also known as the home base, which is the primary object to win. There are eleven turrets placed on the map for each side, where the other groups have to face and destroy the towers to move ahead and destroy the Nexus. Now let us explore the game modes and characters of LOL in brief
Game Modes League of Legends
There are various game modes which can be played.
- Summoner’s Rift: This is a five versus five games which include all the three significant lanes for the players to play. The ideal way to play the set consists of one champion to be at the top road, one winner at the mid lane, two winners at the bot lane, and one hero will be jungle who will be roaming around the map to collect gold and Experience (Exp) of the team.
- ARAM: This is a five versus five games, which include only one lane for the players to play where all the ten champions play together only the single path using their skills.
- Twisted Treeline: This is a three versus three games, which includes only two lanes for the players to play.
- URF: This is the Ultra Rapid Fire mode where it grants all the champions 80% cooldown reduction, and there are no ability costs as well, which makes the winners play faster, and the game duration is also less.
Champions League of Legends
Every game is essential when it has a fantastic pool of champions to play with. Every hero has a unique style, class, and skills that can match as per the playstyle of the player. The main level of champions is:
- Assassins: These champions are fast, have good stealth, and are quick in combat. They are difficult to notice as they have unique styles to make them feel different to play. Some of the champions included in this list are Talon, Fizz, Katarina, Zed, Yasuo, etc.
- Fighters: They are melee attack champions who are fearless and fight hand to hand combat with the other winners. They even use melee weapons as well, such as swords, blades, spears, etc. Some of the champions included in this list are Garen, Irelia, Pantheon, Vi, Jarvan IV, etc.
- Marksmen: These champions prefer to play at a safe distance and therefore use weapons such as guns, bow, and arrow, etc. They are always precise when it comes to aiming at a champion. Some of the winners included in this list are Jhin, Xayah, Caitlyn, Ashe, Kai Sa, etc.
- Mages: These champions use magic and spells to outshine their opponents, therefore also seen to be playing at a safe distance. Some of the winners included in this list are Ahri, Zoe, Ryze, Azir, Neeko, etc.
- Supports: These champions are genuinely the important ones in the game as they help the fellow players in the game when they health, boost, etc. to make the game better to win. Some of the champions included in this list are Braum, Janna, Thresh, Blitzcrank, Lux, etc.
- Tanks: These champions have massive health points (HP) and are quite slow at times when they walk. They have powerful attacks and can take extensive incoming damages from the opponent champions. Some of the winners included in this list are Galio, Leona, Rammus, Maokai, Sejuani, etc.
About the Author:
Harshul Kamani is a student currently pursuing MBA